LFN is seeking a Research & Sustainability Officer who will be responsible for the development and implementation of research and sustainability initiatives within LFN. The person would develop and supervise research objectives to accomplish specific objectives; and work closely with stakeholders and other departments within the organization, such as human resources, operations, and marketing, to integrate sustainability principles into all aspects of the organization’s activities: such as minimizing the environmental impact of an LFN operations and promoting social responsibility. These would include reducing greenhouse gas emissions, conserving natural resources, and minimizing waste as well as promoting diversity and inclusion, ensuring fair labor practices, and engaging with stakeholders to ensure that the organization’s operations have a positive impact on the community.
- Develop research leads and drive execution of research objectives in agroecology and related fields.
- Developing and implementing sustainability policies that promote sustainability in the organization. This may include policies related to energy use, waste reduction, sustainable procurement, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Conducting sustainability assessments: The sustainability officer assesses the organization’s sustainability practices and identifies areas for improvement. They may also evaluate the environmental and social impact of the organization’s activities.
- Monitoring organization compliance with relevant environmental regulations and standards; and reporting on the organization’s sustainability performance.
- Developing and delivering sustainability training to employees to raise awareness of sustainability issues and promote sustainable practices within the organization.
- Tracking progress toward sustainability goals and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Communicating sustainability initiatives internal and external stakeholders through reports, presentations, and other communication channels.
- Collaborating with other departments such as procurement, facilities management, and human resources, to integrate sustainability into the organization’s operations and culture.
- Identifying and implementing strategies for enhancing sustainability in agricultural practices.
- Developing and implementing projects to promote sustainable practices among farmers and trainees.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the foundation’s sustainability agenda.
- Staying informed about the latest trends and best practices in sustainable agriculture.
- Master’s degree in Conservation Science, Environmental Science/Management, Sustainable Development, or a related field such as agroecology etc.
- A minimum of three years of post-qualification work experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and environmental conservation.
- Knowledge of sustainable agricultural practices.
- Experience in implementing sustainability initiatives.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply for the position by completing the online application form through the following link:
Deadline for Submission of Applications:
Monday, January 31, 2024