The Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/GTE is a charitable and non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting sustainable agricultural development and food system improvement through the training program the Foundation offers to youths and farmers in sustainable and modern vocational and entrepreneurial agriculture. The Foundations programs are in support of the Federal Government policy and efforts on Food Systems Development and Livelihood improvement and have been running since 1988.
The Foundation has established six agricultural training schools in the different agro-ecological zones of Nigeria, with ongoing proposals to establish additional schools. The schools are located in FCT, Osun, Ondo, Kaduna, Kano, and Gombe States. The Foundations mission is to train and support youth and farmers who choose to make a sustainable livelihood in agriculture. Each year, the foundation turns out an average of 700 agripreneurs. The training follows two-pronged strategies namely;
1) one-year on-campus intensive training in crop production, livestock production, enterprise development (to include economics of production, processing and value addition, marketing, and business plan development), and farm engineering (to include farm power and machinery, soil and water management, irrigation farming, crop processing, and storage) and 2) outreach program targeting the generality of practicing smallholder farmers. The LFN has trained more than 29, 000 farmers located in all six Staple Crop Processing Zones (SCPZ) in Nigeria (See website for more information: https://el-cruzero.com/lev).
Leventis Foundation Nigeria invites applications from enthusiastic, highly organized, and result-oriented individuals for the following positions:
Position: Accountant (Two Positions)
Leventis Foundation Nigeria invites applications for the position of Accountant.
Interested candidates should possess the following requirements:
Applicants should possess a minimum of HND in Accounting or a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of five years post-qualification work experience. Membership in ICAN or ANAN is an added advantage.
Accountant duties and responsibilities:
The Accountant will be responsible for the management and reporting of financial data of the organization and also tasked with preparing, examining, and analyzing the company’s accounts, financial records, and other financial obligations
- Reconciling the organization’s bank statements and book-keeping ledgers
- Completing analysis of the employee expenditures
- Managing income and expenditure accounts
- Generating the organization’s financial reports using income and expenditure data
- Keeping a check on the company finances based on the financial status
- Filing and remitting taxes, Pensions, and other financial obligations
- Initiating and managing financial and accounting software used by the company
- Drawing up and instituting internal financial control procedures in the organization.
- Experience with accounting & financial software such as Peachtree package and data entry
- Advanced knowledge and experience with spreadsheets
- Ability to prepare the organization’s annual budget
To apply for the position of Accountant, please follow the link below:
The deadline for the submission of all applications is by 12:00pm on November 4, 2022.
All Applications should be addressed to:
Leventis Foundation (Nigeria) Ltd/Gte
2, Leventis close
Central Business District